Can Labour make levelling up a reality? – 26 September - 26 September 2022
Please note that this event has passed.
- Lisa Nandy, Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
- Paula Surridge, Deputy Director of the UK in a Changing Europe
- Rachel Wearmouth, Deputy Political Editor, New Statesman
- Sophie Stowers, Research Assistant,UK in a Changing Europe
- Bobby Duffy, Director of the Policy Institute, King’s College London (Chair)
It’s not clear what levelling up really means or, more importantly, whether it can be delivered. Inequality in life chances is, however, a vital issue, and geography really matters to this. So can Labour make levelling up a reality?
The Policy Institute at King’s College London and UK in a Changing Europe will discuss this and more with Lisa Nandy MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, as we present new research into people’s attitudes towards the places they live, regional inequality and local pride, and explore how the Labour party can make policies which truly make a difference to people’s lives, communities and standard of living.
Search for another event
26 September 2022