Please note: this event has passed
Delivering Nuclear Security During Times of Crisis is a side event to the 64th International Atomic Energy Agency General Conference. It is organised by the UK's Nuclear Security Culture Programme (NSCP) and sponsored by the UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
This talk will explore how nuclear security can be effectively implemented during times of crisis. Speakers will discuss both historical cases caused by political, societal and economic factors, natural and man-made disasters, as well as more recent lessons from responding to COVID-19.
An international panel of government, industry and NGO speakers will offer different viewpoints and approaches.
The discussion will be introduced by co-chairs Philip Richards (BEIS) and Dr Christopher Hobbs, Centre for Science and Security Studies at King’s College London.
The panel will include:
- Nick Roth, The Stimson Center, US
- Bob Officer, International Nuclear Services, UK
- Nataliia Klos, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ukraine
- Noor Fitriah Binti Bakri, Malaysian Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- Prof. Dr Anhar R. Antariksawan, National Nuclear Energy Agency of Indonesia