Film Screening: Freezing Fertility - 19 January 2023 - 19 January 2023
Please note that this event has passed.
Join us at the iconic venue, The Prince Charles Cinema on Leicester Square and enjoy popcorn, fertility, a fantastic panel and a great crowd of reproduction people.
Fertility is rapidly changing now that thousands are freezing their eggs and ovaries across the world. The film takes us on a journey to meet the people who ship donor eggs around the globe, try to preserve their future fertility, or propose women should postpone menopause with a slice of frozen ovary.
Shot during the Covid lockdowns across the UK, Spain and the Netherlands, Freezing Fertility is a new feature documentary that paints a portrait of the dilemmas that today's generation face as they navigate new technologies and a highly-privatised fertility industry.
For venue accessibility information, click here.
This screening is brought to you by the Reproduction Research Cluster at GHSM, King's College London. The event is part of the Reproductive Justice after Roe project and funded by the FRIF and King's Together, King's College London.
About the speakers
- Maren Merckx, The Film Director
- Emily Jackson, Professor of Law, London School of Economics
- Joyce Harper, Professor of Reproductive Science at the Institute for Women's Health, University College London.
- Stuart Lavery, Clinical Director Women's Health UCLH NHS Foundation Trust. Honorary Associate Professor, University College London. Director Aria Fertility.
- Lucy van de Wiel, Lecturer in Global Health and Social Medicine, author of Freezing Fertility (the book) and chair of the Reproduction Research Cluster, King's College London
At this event
Lecturer in Global Health & Social Medicine
Search for another event
19 January 2023