Please note: this event has passed
Women in Global Mental Health Research are delighted to launch a new Call to Action – co-developed by 102 women researchers from around the globe – and to discuss next steps in how the Global Mental Health needs to change to better promote gender equity.
Joining our conversation are researchers, funders, and journal editors - add your voice, and discuss next steps with us!
Key points of our Call to Action are:
- The inequity in our research teams undermines progress in mental health research
- Women do not become principal investigators and senior authors: the bottleneck persists
- Global mental health research funding exacerbates the inequity
- There are low hanging fruits for journals, funders and institutions with regards to promoting women (double blind review, blind recruitment, considering institutional gender equity in research proposals)
Confirmed speakers include:
Panel 1: Researchers
- Dristy Gurung, TPO Nepal
- Mehdin Selamu, Addis Ababa U & WHO Ethiopia
- and more
Panel 2: Editors & Funders
- Joan Marsh, Lancet Psychiatry
- Sara Goler Solecki, MRC-UKRI
- David Newsome, King’s College London
How to register:
This session will convene online. To join, please register in advance via the Zoom registration link here.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the seminar.