Guy's Hospital Kidney Transplantation Course
5 December 2019, 09:00 to 6 December 2019, 17:30 Please note: this event has passed
Science Gallery London , Guy’s Campus, London
We are excited to invite you to our kidney transplantation update course at Guy’s Hospital on the 5 and 6 December 2019.
This two-day course is designed for consultants and trainee nephrologists, but would be useful for other health care professionals in the field of kidney transplantation.
During the course, you will get an update on all aspects of kidney transplantation delivered by expert clinicians in the field. You will be exposed to difficult cases, and have the opportunity to take part in discussions.
Make sure to register early as we have a limited number of spaces. Also, take advantage of the early bird registration fee! We are looking forward to welcoming you to London.
- Acute rejection: diagnosis and treatment
- Chronic Allograft Injury
- Transplant Histopathology update for the nephrologist
- Immunological assessment and HLA antigen for the clinician
- Immunosuppressive regimes and personalization for the individual
- TMA post kidney transplantation
- Post-transplant Cardiovascular Disease and NODAT
- Recurrent Diseases in the Renal Allograft
- Bone disease post kidney transplantation
- Haematology for the transplant nephrologist
- Dermatology for the transplant nephrologist
- Post-transplant Viral infections (BK,CMV, JC)
- Recurrent UTI post renal transplantation and transplant urology for the nephrologist
- Transplant Choices for the Diabetic Patient: Case-Based Discussion
- Options for the sensitized patient (Kidney Paired Donation, Desensitization, ABOi, HLAi)
- Challenges and Opportunities for Patients with Hepatitis C Virus Challenges and Opportunities for Patients with HIV
- Real-Life Case Vignettes
- Reproductive Issues and Pregnancy
- Transplant surgery for the nephrologist: Dual, paediatric donors, pumps
- Living donor assessment risk assessment/Controversies, APOL1, Medically Complex Donors
- What is HOT in research for the transplant nephrologist?
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
The course will help you:
- get an update about diagnosis and current management of the medical complications of transplantation
- understand how to improve the short and the long-term outcomes of renal transplant recipients
- assess donors with a complex medical history
- individualize treatment according to the needs of your patients
We have applied for CPD accreditation for 14 external credits to the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) London.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Consultant (Attending) Nephrologists and Nephrology trainees
For costs, further information and how to apply, click here.
If you would like a copy of the course brochure please contact Dimitrios Moutzouris
This event is held at Science Gallery London
Search for another event