Introduction to Sustainable Fashion Business
26 August 2020, 09:00 to 27 August 2020, 12:30
This workshop is a joint event with King's Entrepreneurship Institut , LSE Generate and Imperial Enterprise Lab. Participants who are not affiliated with those universities are welcome to also attend.
This is a 2-day event, running between 9am - 12.30pm each day. Please make sure to register for both days.
Are you interested in sustainable fashion? Have you been thinking of launching your own sustainable fashion venture? In this 2-day workshop, you will learn about the fundamentals around sustainable fashion and the practical steps you should take to execute upon your ideas. The lead facilitator is Madeline Petrow who is the founder of Mamoq, a sustainable fashion platform with over 100 brand partners.
Day 1 (9-12:30pm)
1. What is Sustainable Fashion?
- Overview of key issues of globalised fashion industry
- Overview of key aspects of sustainable fashion
- Overview of different business models employed in the sustainable fashion space
2. Communicating Your Value
- The importance of communicating your values to your customer base
- How to balance brand ethos with marketing strategies
- Leveraging Content Marketing & Social Media to educate and drive sales
Day 2 (9-12:30pm)
1. Systems and Tools
- Overview of main e-commerce engines (shopify, magento etc)
- Building a LEAN MVP
- Different tools and plugins to get you started
2. Manufacturing & Distributing
- Overview of different manufacturing models (in house, local, abroad), their benefits and challenges
Search for another event