Please note: this event has passed
We are delighted to bring to you the Leverhulme Wildfires Summer Conference 2023, an inter-disciplinary wildfires research conference discussing some of the most pressing questions in the field. The conference will bring together experts and practitioners from the UK and internationally to share latest advancements, challenges and the ways forward. Speakers will include members of our Centre and external experts, including Early Career Researchers and established academics, covering four core conference themes.
The conference is located in the heart of London at Imperial College London on the South Kensington campus. It is open to all and free to attend. We have scheduled in plenty of time for deeper discussions and to network, including a poster session, which is open for proposal submissions.
See the conference website for more information and details of how to register. Please note, the registration deadline is 16 July.
- Speakers include international experts and members of the Leverhulme Centre, including Early Career Researchers.
- Includes a poster and networking evening reception, and an Early Career Researcher poster competition.
- PhD wildfires photography competition, open to submissions from across the world.
- Enjoy an evening BBQ after the conference (ticket purchase required).
- Free film and pizza evening on 24 July and screening of Elemental: Reimagine Wildfire (UK premiere) including Q&A with one of the filmmakers.
- Bursaries (minimum two) available for ECRs from countries with low-middle income economics.
- PhD students - make a week of it and sign up for FiredUp2023 – which is being hosted also at Imperial, from 26-29 July.
Leverhulme Centre for Wildfires, Environment and Society
The Centre's aim is to provide a step-change in the scientific understanding of what drives wildfires around the world, and what the future might hold for wildfires and for all the natural and human systems influenced by them.
Partners of the Centre include King's College London, Imperial College London, University of Reading, Royal Holloway University of London and Leverhulme Trust.
At this event
Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus
Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus, Exhibition Road, London, SW7 2AZ