Next Level - AI and the Future of Games - 28 May 2023
Please note that this event has passed.
Join us at King's for a public day of talks about the future of the games industry, from scientists, sociologists, game designers, YouTube essayists, AI engineers and more! Learn from some of the most exciting people working in games today, and ask your own questions about how AI might change the future of how we play, make and watch games.
Millions of people, young and old, play games all around the UK every single day to relax, socialise and create, and the UK games industry is bigger than music, film or TV. As AI changes everything in the world around us, join us at King's to learn about how AI might also impact the world of games, and the amazing new opportunities, risks and complications that might bring with it.
The event is being held in Bush House Auditorium, Bush House. You must enter via the Aldwych entrance of Bush House.
The event schedule is:
- 11.00 Welcome - Mike Cook (King's College London)
- 11.10 - 11.40 How game designers use AI to support gameplay goals - Mark Brown (Game Maker's Toolkit)
- 11.40 - 12.10 Learning to play games with human and learning with human to play - Yali Du (King's College London)
- 12.10 - 12.20 Break
- 12.20 - 12.50 How to make sense of ‘Automation Anxiety’ in Videogame Production - Dr Aleena Chia (Goldsmiths)
- 12.50 - 13.20 Excavations in Latent Space: A Live Adventure with LAIKI - Char Putney and Martin Pichlmair (Write With LAIKA)
- 13.20 - 14.30 Lunch
- 14.30 - 15.00 Changing The Rules: How AI Can Redesign Games While You Play Them - Younès Rabii (Queen Mary University of London)
- 15.00 - 15.30 The Challenges of Generative Design in Minecraft - JB Hervé (University of Hertfordshire)
- 15.30 - 15.45 Break
- 15.45 - 16.15 Interactive Machine Learning as a tool for building novel game and VR interactions - Rebecca Fiebrink (University of the Arts London)
- 16.15 - 16.45 Multiple Endings: Choosing A Future For AI and Games - Mike Cook (King's College London)
- 16.45 - 17.00 Closing - Michael Luck (King's College London)
This event is in-person only. Please register on Eventbrite.
This event is part of the King's Festival of Artificial Intelligence, running from Wednesday 24 to Sunday 28 May 2023, which brings together speakers, exhibits, performances, demos and screenings in an exciting programme of events. Take a look at the other events here.
At this event
Senior Lecturer in Computer Science
Search for another event
28 May 2023