Please note: this event has passed
For Refugee Week 2023, the King’s Sanctuary Team are running a day of in-person workshops on various topics related to the global issue of forced displacement and access to higher education for forcibly displaced students and academics.
Participants will attend whole group sessions at the start and end of the day, and select from a list of workshops they would like to attend. By taking part in the Sanctuary Workshops, students and staff will learn more about forced displacement and discover ways they can support the many people impacted by this global issue. Participants will also have the opportunity to network with a wide range of people from across the university.
For further information, please see the Sanctuary Workshops outline: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/service/assets/refugee-week-2023-sanctuary-workshops.pdf
- Raise awareness and increase understanding of the global issue of forced displacement and access to higher education for forcibly displaced students and academics.
- Raise awareness and increase understanding of the King’s Sanctuary Programme and how King’s is responding to the global issue of forced displacement.
- Enhance the ability of students and staff to respond to the global issue of forced displacement and contribute to university initiatives.
- Identify ways we can make have a direct impact by exploring how processes can be improved at King’s to support individuals impacted by forced displacement.
Please apply to attend the Sanctuary Workshops via this Microsoft Form: https://forms.office.com/e/RbFQasPB4v
On the application form you will be asked to rank the workshop you would prefer to attend. We will do our best to allocate you to your preferred option, dependent on spaces available.
- Applications close: Tuesday 20 June (deadline extended)
As spaces are limited, applicants should hold 22 June (09:30-17:00) in their calendars and inform the Sanctuary Team as soon as possible if they are no longer able to attend so that their place can be offered to individuals on the waiting list.