Strand Cultural Quarter: Researcher Open House - 23 March 2023
Please note that this event has passed.
King’s Culture is a specialist team connecting researchers across the university with a thriving cultural sector. We aim to tackle contemporary challenges with imagination, by supporting academics to explore creative and collaborative approaches to enhancing engagement with their research and education. We work with a variety of local and international communities to create opportunities across a wide range of topics and disciplines.
Ways we work include:
- supporting early-stage research and development
- brokering partnerships and identifying collaborators
- staging exhibitions and public programmes across the King’s campuses, including Strand Cultural Quarter and Science Gallery London, Guy’s Campus
At our Researcher Open House you can expect to:
- Hear from members of the Culture team and researchers we’ve worked with
- Find out how Culture can support your research at every stage
- Hear about upcoming opportunities to get involved
- Explore some of our Strand Cultural Quarter spaces
- Connect with other King’s researchers who are interested in working with artists and/or the cultural sector
- Help shape how we work with King’s researchers
Who can attend the event?
Our Researcher Open Houses are open to all researchers and academics from across King’s, whether you are a PhD student or a professor. We’re particularly interested in working with people who are excited to form creative collaborations, committed to equitable ways of working, and want to make a difference in the world.
You can be a past Culture collaborator who has worked with us many times before, or be completely new to us. No previous experience with cultural collaborations is necessary. All are welcome!
The session will run 3-5pm, followed by an opportunity to visit The Arcade in Bush House for a glass of wine and to view the new exhibition Letters of Refuge.
Sign-up now on Eventbrite to reserve your place.
Please note there may be photography taking place at this event. By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and filmed. Photos and video may be used by King's Culture for educational and promotional purposes. If you would like to opt out, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search for another event
23 March 2023