22 July 2019
48th British Society of Gerontology Annual Conference | July 2019
Members of the Institute of Gerontology attended the 48th British Society of Gerontology Annual Conference.
Members of the Institute of Gerontology made a substantial contribution to the British Society of Gerontology conference in Liverpool in July 2019. This included presentations from:
- Anthea Tinker and Aideen Young on 'The 1960s baby boomers and technology'
- Anthea Tinker and James Fletcher on 'New towns and the needs of an ageing population'
- James Fletcher on 'The role negotiation in informal dementia care'
- Katharine Orellana on 'Shift handovers and encounters in care homes for older people'
- Lawrence Sacco on 'Factors predicting participation in post-retirement jobs in Sweden'
- Emma Maun on 'The association between caregiving, sleep and the health of older people from the Emerging Researchers in Ageing meeting'
- Jiawei Wu on 'The impact of having a new grandchild on grandparent’s mental health'
- Peter Simcock on 'Involving older deafblind people in qualitative research'