24 May 2023
Academic shares insights with global media amid political developments
A King’s academic shared his views with global media on a busy month of diplomatic and political activity for South Korea.
Professor Ramon Pacheco Pardo, head of the Department of European and International Studies, spoke to broadcast and print media from around the world on South Korea’s summit with the European Union and attendance at the G7 meeting in Hiroshima.
President Yoon was invited to attend the G7 meeting in Japan on 21 May alongside members from the UK, US, Japan, Italy, Canada, France and Germany. The 10th Korea-EU summit took place on 22 May and saw President Yoon Suk-Yeol meet with Ursula von der Leyen and Charles Michel.
Prof Pardo also authored an op-ed for JoongAng Ilbo, one of Korea’s leading newspapers.
You can read some of the highlights at the links below.
- JoongAng Ilbo: https://news.koreadaily.com/2023/05/21/society/opinion/20230521085428818.html
- Voice of America (VOA): https://www.voakorea.com/a/7097955.html
- Agence France-Presse (AFP): https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/ukraine-north-korea-on-agenda-for-eu-talks-in-seoul
- CNBC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfD3ARydiAQ
- Korea Times: https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2023/05/120_351546.html
- Yonhap: https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20230523165200098