07 November 2023
Applications sought for PhD studentship
The Department of Political Economy at King’s is seeking applications for a doctoral studentship.
The studentship starts in the academic year 2024/25 and will run for three years, with applicants required to have completed an MA programme in political science, public policy, economics or a related discipline.
The Department of Political Economy is the only dedicated department in the UK devoted to explain the interactions between economic dynamics and political processes. In line with this mission, the successful doctoral award is expected to contribute to the diverse and vibrant departmental research community by affiliating their doctoral research to one of the department’s existing research clusters.
The deadline for applications is 26 January, 2024, at 17.00. Decisions will be made next May and all applicants will be notified of the outcome. For additional information, contact Dr Rubén Ruiz-Rufino (email@example.com).
- Start date: Academic year 2024-25.
- Duration: Three years.
- Entry requirements: A completed MA programme in political science, public policy, economics or related disciplines.
- Desired additional qualifications: Strong academic achievements; very good knowledge of English; willingness to conduct research in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Desired personal characteristics: Strong intellectual curiosity; intellectual independence, reliability, and high level of commitment to work hard.
To apply all candidates must:
- Discuss your research project or idea with potential supervisors from one of the existing research clusters in the Department of Political Economy. These clusters are Political Theory, Quantitative Political Economy, Public Policy and Regulation, Political Economy of Peace and Security, Politics, Philosophy and Economics, Comparative Politics, Global South, Environment and Public Policy and History and Political Economy. Further information about these research groups, including relevant contact details, is available at https://www.kcl.ac.uk/political-economy/research/centres-groups
- Submit your application to the 2024 LISS DTP Open competition (PhD only). For more information about the competition, visit https://liss-dtp.ac.uk/applying-to-liss/open-competition/
- Send an email to SPE-PGR@kcl.ac.uk with the reference confirmation of your LISS DTP application and a copy of the application materials you submitted to LISS, indicating that you would like your application also to be considered for the Department of Political Economy doctoral studentship.