**Deadline Extended until April 9th**
The King's COP26 Engagement Call aims to further research and education collaboration and develop strategic international partnerships with partner institutions in Australia. Successful proposals will bring wider benefits to King's departments, building on our relationship with Australian partners.
The 2021 COP26 Special Call
The 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP26, will take place in the UK in November 2021. It is the most critical climate conference in a generation and aims to set an ambitious international agreement on carbon reduction.
With this call the King's School of Global Affairs and the Menzies Australia Institute are working closely with the King's COP26 Working Group to support engagement and accelerate impact of the collaboration between King's and Australian institutions with regards to climate change and related issues being addressed at COP26.
All King's academic and research staff are eligible to apply. The submission can be supported by professional services staff but must have a research or academic lead.
All proposed activities must involve collaborations with Australian institutions, including higher education organisations, research institutes/centres, NGOs or government links.
All proposals should be submitted by a King's lead with an Australian research collaborator and should aim to engage with the themes of COP26 and communicate climate change.
Proposals will speak to the theme of communicating climate change. They should seek to accelerate, broadcast and boost the impact and engagement of research addressing issues and solutions to climate change.
Ideas for the use of funding might include, but are not limited to:
- Video documentaries
- Audio and podcast projects
- Public learning and engagement
- Online tools
Applicants at King's and Australian institutions can be existing collaborators or can use this opportunity to form new links to promote and engage policymakers, researchers and the public.
Themes to bear in mind when writing your application:
- Scope of engagement and expected impact (target audience and its size, variety of communities, use of media, etc.)
- Research excellence of the research to be promoted
- Sustainability and future development of the partnership
- Raise up research and engagement excellence in relation to climate and COP26
- Contribution to King's Internationalisation 2029 and King's Strategic Vision 2029
Amount of funding
Bids for projects for up to £5000 are invited, and we welcome match funding from departments, although this is not required for successful bids.
- Call opens: 1 March, 2021
- Call close: 12:00 pm (UK time) on 26 March 2021
- Results will be announced by early April
- Awarded project/s will be able to use the fund until 31 December 2021
- COP 26 will take place on 1-12 November 2021
For submission, please use the application form (click here) and send it to email@example.com by 23:59pm (UK time) on 9 April 2021.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries