28 March 2023
Meet our three minute thesis finalists
Centre for Doctoral Studies
Meet our PhD students who are competing to be crowned the King's Three Minute Thesis (3MT) winner
We are delighted to announce the finalists for our King's Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition which will take place both online and in-person on Wednesday 29 March.
The 3MT Grand Final will be live streamed to YouTube from 15:30 until 16:30 to make it easy for you to watch our postgraduate research students in action as they explain their research in just three minutes using only a single presentation slide.
You will be able to vote for your favourite to win our People's Choice Award of £500! Voting opens on 29 March.
There will also be a First Prize of £500 and Runner Up Prize of £250 as selected by our Judging Panel.
The winner of the King's Grand Final will continue to the national 3MT Competition, organised by Vitae.
- Giskin Day, Gratitude in Healthcare - Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
- Hannah Deasy, The Boy Chorister Through his Voice - Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Hogan Wai, The War for Bacterial Supremacy in Paediatric Eczema - Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences
- Liina Chung-Jukko, Feeding Light to Dark Matter Stars - Faculty of Natural, Mathematical and Engineering Sciences
- Navodini Wijethilake, Personalized Management of Vestibular Schwannoma - Faculty of Life Sciences and Medicine
- Sean Maroney, Empathy’s Role in Knowing Our Own Emotions - Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Zoë Freeman, Remembering Trauma: What Happens in the Brain in PTSD-Psychosis? - Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience
- Lina Kramer, The AI Government: Tax policies designed by Artificial Intelligence - Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy
If you would like to attend the event in-person, in the Bush House Auditorium, we have some places available, please book via EventBrite. The in-person event will be followed by a drinks reception and PGR Fair in The Vault Bar.
- Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences
- Faculty of Natural, Mathematical & Engineering Sciences
- Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy
- Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
- Centre for Doctoral Studies