The Symposium began with a warm welcome by Head of School Ben Forbes, who emphasised the importance of the day for bringing together researchers, providing our PhD students with an opportunity to present, discuss and get feedback on their research, and to share their successes.
The symposium comprised of oral and poster presentations by the students, followed by a reception where the winners of the poster and oral presentation competition were announced.
Huge congratulations to the following winners and runners up:
Winners for Best Oral Presentation
- Charlotte Graham (Comprehensive Cancer Centre)
- Mark Laws (Institute of Pharmaceutical Science)
Runners-up for Best Oral Presentation
- Natalia C Francisco (Comprehensive Cancer Centre)
- Jane Lyle (Institute of Pharmaceutical Science)
Winners for Best Poster
- Dimitra Repana (Comprehensive Cancer Centre)
- Zachary Enlo-Scott (Institute of Pharmaceutical Science)
Runners-up for Best Poster
- Ester Pfeifer (Comprehensive Cancer Centre)
- Victoria Speed (Institute of Pharmaceutical Science)
On the Symposium Ben Forbes, Head of School, said:
“A wonderful showcase of our postgraduate research. Science was the winner: the presentation standards go up every year”.
Well done to all the students that presented and thank you to the PhD symposium committee, PGR coordinators and all those who helped to make the event a success.
The next School Symposium will take place on Wednesday 3 June 2020. Further details will be shared closer to the date.