Alejandro M Ramirez Mancebo
Engineering Laboratory Facilities Manager
Alejandro is the primary point of contact for all queries related to Laboratories Facilities in the whole of the Department of Engineering. This includes:
- Providing technical expertise to deliver facilities management across all laboratory-based activities for experimental research and undergraduate laboratories in a fast-growing and expanding department.
- Contributing to and implementing high-level decision-making regarding the physical delivery of expanding laboratory-based experimental research and teaching facilities understanding the expectations, needs, and timescales of researchers, academics and students.
- Working closely with the Technical Services Manager, to ensure that Facilities and safety support and development for Engineering research and teaching is delivered.
- Contributing to the design of new and refurbished experimental teaching and research laboratories within the department, particularly with regards to safety issues.
- Managing the maintenance, repairs, statutory compliance testing and documentation of all departmental experimental fixed and movable assets.
- Working with the Departmental Safety Officer to co-ordinate and improve all health and safety documentation on Departmental SharePoint site.
- Working collaboratively with academic and research colleagues, technicians, engineers, designers, and contractors.
Alejandro previously worked in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Bio-materials Laboratory Technician and is a Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineer working towards the Chartership in the IMECHE.