Dr Antonio Valentín PhD, MD
My research is mainly based in neuromodulation in patients with refractory epilepsy. We are presently working in new diagnostic and potential treatments for this condition, including different techniques using electrical and transcranial magnetic brain stimulation. I have more than 60 publications in international journals with emphasis on neuromodulation in epilepsy and movement disorders, and I have co-editored the book "Introduction to Epilepsy". I have also been invited to give lectures and chair sessions presenting our research at multiple international and national congresses. At present, I have an organisational role in the Laboratory Research Project in Neuroscience (6BBYN306) and I am the co-director of the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) VIREPA EEG Advanced course. This course is primarily intended for neurologists, neuropsychiatrists, neuropsychologists and epilepsy nurses dealing with patients with epilepsy.
Please see my Research Staff Profile for more detail.
- Valentín et al., 2016. Intracranial stimulation for children with epilepsy. European Journal of Paediatric Neurology.
- Valentín et al., 2016. Deep brain stimulation of the centromedian thalamic nucleus for the treatment of generalized and frontal epilepsies. Epilepsia.
- Valentín et al., 2016. Single pulse electrical stimulation for identification of structural abnormalities and prediction of seizure outcome after epilepsy surgery: a prospective study. Lancet Neurology.
- Professor Gonzalo Alarcon, Weil Cornell Medicine
- Professor Rodrigo Quian Quiroga, University of Leicester
- Professor Michalis Koutroumanidis, St Thomas' Hospital NHS Trust
- Professor Ana Velasco, Hospital General de Mexico