Mr Arun Sahai
Consultant Urological Surgeon & Reader in Urology
Mr Arun Sahai, PhD, FRCS (Urol), BSc (Hons.), is a Consultant Urological Surgeon in Functional urology (bladder dysfunction, incontinence, uro-neurology and urinary tract reconstruction) at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals NHS Trust and a Honorary Reader within King’s College London. Arun has been a consultant at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust since 2013.
Arun qualified from the United Medical & Dental Schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’ and was trained in urology on the South Thames Rotation through the London Deanery. He spent his senior training years in the Department of Urology at Guy’s Hospital and following this undertook a visiting fellowship with Professor De Ridder at UZ Leuven Hospital in Belgium.
Arun is a member of the British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS), European Association of Urology, International Continence Society, International Consultation on Incontinence Research Society & Royal College of Surgeons of England.
His research interests include various aspects of benign bladder dysfunction and prostate cancer survivorship. He is active in both commercial and non-commercial clinical trials. He has published > 100 peer reviewed international papers and >15 book chapters.
He is the lead for undergraduate education in surgery for King's College London. He is also involved in several aspects of postgraduate education including exam setting for the FRCS (Urol), invited faculty to numerous conferences (lectures and chair), tutor / faculty on many female and functional urology courses. He is currently the vice president for female, neurological and urodynamic urology within BAUS. He is a frequent reviewer for many international urology journals and is currently on the editorial board of Neurourology & Urodynamics.
- Chair and lecturer on Botulinum Toxin-A Masterclass: Injection training and practical tips at Guy’s Hospital yearly since 2013.
- Regular chair and lecturer on pan thames training days in Female and Functional Urology
- International Continence Society Workshop Chair at multiple meetings covering topics including botulinum toxin A, sacral nerve stimulation, biomarkers in benign bladder dysfunction, LUTS management in patients who have had pelvic radiotherapy, Pelvic floor MDT working
- European Association of Urology (EAU), Invited Faculty: Hands on Training Topics: Botulinum toxin for overactive bladder, sacral nerve stimulation
- International Continence Society (ICS) Advanced Cadaveric Workshop, Bristol
- Faculty on Basic Surgical Skills Course (RCS Eng) at St Thomas’ Hospital
- MRCS: Lectured for 4 years on PasTestÒ Revision Courses covering Urology
- Multiple lectures on the FRCS (Urol) Revision Courses on urinary tract trauma, urinary incontinence
- Lectures on the BAUS Introduction to Urology Course on Incontinence
- Faculty on the Northwick Park FRCS (Urol) Revision Viva course
- Faculty on advanced female urology and reconstructive courses eg International Continence Society Advanced Training Weekend (International), BAUS Urinary Incontinence and reconstructive urology cadaveric surgical skills course (National), GSTT Urology Prostheses Cadaveric Course (National)