Fatimah joined the School of Education, Communication and Society in January 2022. Prior to this she worked at various higher education institutions in research management roles, including the Royal College of Art, UCL and Queen Mary University of London.
Fatimah also held academic positions as a Research Fellow and taught media and cultural studies for several years. She has a PhD from Bournemouth University, is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a member of the Association of Research Managers and Administrators (ARMA).
Fatimah coordinates and oversees the operational and administrative processes related to ECS research, in concert with the ECS Research Lead and School Research Officer.
- Managing the School’s research support team.
- Providing guidance to staff on research funding and consultancy activities.
- Identifying and promoting research funding opportunities to help maximise research income.
- Coordinating the School’s pre- and post-award research functions, particularly advising on costings, grant expenditure, as well as compliance with university and funding bodies’ financial policies and regulations.
- Collating and reporting research-related data.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the School’s research strategy.
- Working collaboratively with research management colleagues within and outside the faculty to improve College-wide research processes.