- Mental Health
Gabi joined King’s in September 2022 when she began her Masters in Mental Health Studies. She completed her voluntary clinical placement with the CARE Network team in the Department of Old Age Psychiatry, where she now works as a research assistant on various commercial and non-commercial studies.
Gabi also coordinates the Committee of Racial Equity and Diversity , a student advisory group of racially minoritized postgraduate-taught students within the IoPPN. Their aim is to enhance student experience, foster a space for connection and community, and decolonise the curriculum.
- Mental health
- Interplay between one’s environment and psychological wellbeing
- Participatory research
- Mixed-methods research with underrepresented populations
Expertise and Public Engagement
- Gabi coordinates and manages the advisory board and peer review process for the anti-racist, health inequalities journal, ‘Stolen Tools’.
- Keynote speaker at the Freedom to Learn conference, co-hosted by King’s and UCL.
- Led the organization of and presented at ‘Decolonisation in Action’, a symposium about putting decolonisation in action at the IoPPN and beyond.
- Presented at Reimagining Higher Education: Journeys of Decolonising conference, hosted by De Montford University.