School Research Manager
- Day-to-day management of pre and post award research administration within the School of Security Studies
- Line managing professional services staff within the research function
- Developing a school research strategy in conjunction with research leads across the departments
- Identifying and promoting opportunities for research funding
- Supporting the development, writing and submission of research proposals
- Advising on the expenditure of research grant funds
John joined the School of Security Studies in April 2018 having spent the previous four years working in pre-award and research development roles across the social sciences at King’s College London. Prior to this he spent two years working in the Research and Enterprise department at Royal Holloway, University of London. Before embarking on a career in the HEI sector, he spent several years working as a science policy journalist with a particular focus on the Nordic countries.