Dr Julien Dutant
Lecturer in Philosophy
Dr Julien Dutant studied philosophy at the University of Paris-4 Sorbonne, University College London, the University of Oxford and the University of Geneva, where he obtained his PhD in 2010. He has since held research and teaching positions at the University of Geneva and visiting post-doc positions at the University of Oxford and the University of Michigan.
Research interests and PhD supervision
- Epistemology, in particular the nature and principles of knowledge, epistemic value and epistemic norms.
- Formal epistemology, in particular models of knowledge and rational belief.
- Philosophy of language, in particular propositional attitudes, content, vagueness, modals, conditionals and context-sensitivity.
Dr Dutant's primary interests are in epistemology, formal epistemology and philosophy of language. Dr Dutant also has interests in the history of epistemology, social epistemology, decision theory and formal philosophy more broadly.
Dr Dutant has previously taught on the following modules
- 4AANA101 Introduction to Philosophy
- 4AANB008 Methodology
- 5AANA014 Intermediate Logic
- 6AAN4043 Knowledge, Objectivity and Relativism