Kelly is the Department Manager in the Department of Chemistry. She is responsible for the leadership and management of department operations to ensure a high quality, professional administrative service and the efficient day-to-day running of the Department. Her role includes:
- Strategic planning in conjunction with Head of Department and Leadership Team taking the lead in implementation
- Oversight and leadership of administrative provision in all functions
- Departmental Governance including interactions with Faculty/College Governance/Committees
- Resource management: HR and Finance
- Communications: internal and external including sanctioning webpage content and formatting
- Departmental budgets and forecasting
- Space planning and allocations (offices)
- Academic planning and workload
Kelly has an extensive career in Higher Education professional services including department management and specialist in research administration at UCL, and project management at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
Kelly is developing a specific interest in accessibility provision for staff and students.