Dr Lydia Sandiford
Centre Manager (Net Zero Centre and Centre for the Physical Science of Life)
Lydia is the Centre Manager for the Centre for the Physical Science of Life and the Net Zero Centre based in the Faculty of Natural, Mathematical & Engineering Sciences. Lydia has been at King’s since March 2019 working firstly as the Senior Research Support Officer in the Department of Physics and then the Faculty Research Support Manager (Post Award). Prior to this, she worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of New South Wales and the University of South Australia as a Nanoscience Technologist.
Lydia holds an MSci in Physics and a PhD in Imaging Chemistry both from King’s.
- Coordinate, manage and deliver effective operations support across the Centres
- Support the Centres’ commitment to the delivery of internationally renowned research and impact
- To provide guidance and support to the Directors and others to ensure successful delivery of Centre’s aims
- Lead on all aspects of financial management for the Centre budgets
- Proactively plan, organise and support meetings, events and conferences