Senior Programmes Manager
Magda Pazdej is the Head of Business Services, providing leadership to the Faculty’s business and operational services in support of its academic and research strategy. This involves management of budgets, strategy planning, analytics, contracts, IT infrastructure, complex projects, staff resources, staff recruitment coordination, and provision of administrative support to over 200 academic and research staff.
Magda is an MBA qualified business professional with a CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accountancy, a PRINCE2 Practitioner project management qualification, an Engineering in Computer Science degree and 20 years’ UK and overseas experience in operations and project management. A proven track record of exceeding budgeted profit targets through audit and service reviews. Analytical ability to diagnose problems, resolve conflict and develop practical solutions. Strong staff management skills coupled with a proven ability to lead diverse and cross-functional teams to successful outcomes. A transparent and open communication style which generates trust and collaborative working. Proven experience in change management. First class IT skills.
Magda specialises in
- Project and programme management including transformational change and complex, multi-layer ventures. Experience of the full PRINCE2 project lifecycle. Solid track record of managing organisational and departmental restructures, development of database driven systems and websites, multi-million pound programmes.
- Financial management: management of multi-million pound operational and project budgets, management of the annual budgeting cycle, purchasing and procurement, thorough knowledge of the EU Interpretative Communication.
- Accounting: activity-based approaches to costing, quality and value added (Value Analysis, Business Process Re-engineering, Just-In-Time Management, Total Quality Management), profitability (standard, target and life cycle costing), budgeting and evaluation of financial performance, basic and advanced investment appraisals, risk management.
- Strategic business planning: development of short- to long- term plans, business continuity plans, strategy formulation, business development and expansion plans, value chain analysis.
- Operations management: business administration, marketing, resource management, development of policies and procedures, development of sustainable relationships and management of communications across complex international organisations, stakeholder and supplier management.