Professor Maria Alvarez
Professor of Philosophy
Before coming to King’s, Maria Alvarez was a lecturer at the University of Southampton, having previously taught at the Universities of Oxford and Reading. She is Co-Editor of Philosophy, the journal of the Royal Institute of Philosophy.
Research interests and PhD supervision
- Philosophy of action, including the metaphysics and explanation of actions
- Reasons for action, normativity
- Agent causation, agential powers
- Abilities, choice, freedom and moral responsibility
- GEM Anscombe
- Philosophy of Mind and Action
- Moral Responsibility
Expertise and public engagement
I am happy to talk to the media about topics connected to human agency, freedom, moral responsibility, and ethics.