Student Engagement Officer
Niamh is responsible for making sure that students' voices, views, needs and concerns are heard and responded to within ECS, as well as facilitating a range of activities and events throughout the year.
Her duties include:
- Facilitating a programme of student engagement events and initiatives.
- Planning and coordinating welcome activities for new students.
- Working across all student cohorts, from pre-application to alumni status.
- Managing school social media accounts in collaboration with the comms officer.
- Promoting student events and opportunities.
- Servicing Student-Staff Liaison Committees (SSLCs).
- Supporting student survey processes (eg NSS, PTES, and EvaSys).
Prior to joining King’s, Niamh worked at a charity that supports people with learning disabilities to increase their learning and wellbeing. She has also taught English as a foreign language in schools and universities in Vietnam.
Niamh is an ECS alumni, having graduated from the MA Education in Arts and Cultural Settings in 2021. Her studies focused on equal access and participation within arts organisations, with a particular emphasis on increasing engagement for people with learning disabilities and autism.