Professor Clive Bush
19th and 20th century American literature and cultural studies; modern and contemporary British poetry.
- The Dream of Reason: American Consciousness and Cultural Achievement from Independence to the Civil War London and New York: Edward Arnold and St Martins Press, 1977)
- Halfway to Revolution: Investigation and Crisis in the work of Henry Adams, William James and Gertrude Stein (New Haven: Yale University Press:1991)
- Out of Dissent: A Study of Five Contemporary British Poets (London: Talus,1997)
- Worlds of New Measure: an anthology of five contemporary English poets(London: Talus, 1997)
- Holding the Line: selected essays in American Literature and Culture (Bern et al: Peter Lang, 2009) [This work contains a complete bibliography of Professor Bush's publications]
- The Century’s Midnight: dissident European and American writers in the Era of the Second World War (Oxford: Peter Lang, 2010)
Professor Bush has also published four books of poetry in small press: the latest of which was Pictures after Poussin, illus. Allen Fisher (Hereford: Spanner Press, 2003). He is currently writing a new book of poetry, and hopes to have more selected poems in press.