Rhys Michael Bidder is Deputy Director of the Qatar Centre for Global Banking & Finance and a Senior Lecturer in Finance at King's Business School. His research interests are both applied and theoretical, focusing on macroeconomic policy, banking, and financial regulation. Rhys is especially interested in distressed debt and stress testing - both timely and important topics as the effects of COVID play out and as climate risks are gradually incorporated into stress scenario modelling.
Areas of expertise: Bank lending, Stress testing, Monetary policy, Asset pricing, Ambiguity and risk Publications: American Economic Review, Journal of Monetary Economics, Review of Economic Dynamics, Journal of Economic Theory
- Research Fellow, National Institute of Economic Research (NIESR)
- Research Fellow, Janeway Institute (Cambridge)
- BA/MA and MPhil in Economics, University of Cambridge (King's College)
- PhD in Economics, NYU (Advisor: Tom Sargent)
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Are you currently accepting PhD students?