Dr Tao Wang
Postdoctoral Research Associate
I joined the Precision Health Informatics Lab at King's College London in 2019 as a postdoctoral research fellow. I work with clinicians at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) on applying text mining, machine learning and statistical models to electronic health records, in order to identify risks of mental health problems such as psychosis and suicide and investigate the dynamic interactions between physical and mental health problems. We aim to improve healthcare through digital technologies and accelerate their delivery to patients.
Before joining KCL, I was a PhD student in Economics at the University of Southampton, jointly trained at The Alan Turing Institute, where I worked on applying network analysis, text mining and econometric techniques to investigate the spread of eating disorders over online social networks.
- Health informatics and data science
- Text mining
- Network analysis
- Estimating Determinants of Attrition in Eating Disorder Communities on Twitter: An Instrumental Variables Approach. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2019
- Tao Wang, Markus Brede, AntonellaIanni, and Emmanouil Mentzakis. Characterizing multiplex and dynamic communication in online eating disorder communities. Applied Network Science, 2019.
- Tao Wang, Markus Brede, AntonellaIanni, and Emmanouil Mentzakis. Social Interactions in Online Eating Disorder Communities: A Network Perspective. PLOS One 2018.
- Tao Wang, Markus Brede, AntonellaIanni, and Emmanouil Mentzakis. Detecting and Characterizing Eating-Disorder Communities on Social Media. International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining 2017.
- Tao Wang, Yi Cai, Ho-fungLeung, Raymond YK Lau, Qing Li, and Huaqing Min. Product aspect extractionsupervised with online domain knowledge.Knowledge-Based Systems 2014.