The aim of the Experimental Particle & Astroparticle Physics (EPAP) group is to address some of the major open questions in our understanding of matter through the study of the nature of fundamental particles. This is achieved by designing and conducting experiments and methods capable of probing the properties of fundamental particles in new and sophisticated ways.
Our current programme consists of:
- Investigating the matter-antimatter asymmetry in the Universe
- Studying the nature of neutrinos
- Modelling neutrino interactions with matter
- Detecting and studying the properties of high-energy atmospheric and astrophysical neutrinos
- Detecting and studying Solar and Supernova Neutrinos
- Physics beyond the Standard Model of Particle Physics