Welcome to the NIHR Mental Health Policy Research Unit (MHPRU). It was established at UCL and King's College London in 2017. Our aim is to help the Department of Health and others involved in making nationwide plans for mental health services to make decisions based on good evidence. We make expert views and evidence available to policymakers in a timely way and carry out research that is directly useful for policy. The MHPRU is led by Director Prof. Sonia Johnson and managed by academics at UCL and King's College London. Our partners include the Centre for Mental Health and the Mental Elf.
The MHPRU is funded by the NIHR Policy Research Programme (2017-2023).
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR): improving the health and wealth of the nation through research.
Established by the Department of Health, the NIHR:
- funds high quality research to improve health
- trains and supports health researchers
- provides world-class research facilities
- works with the life sciences industry and charities to benefit all
- involves patients and the public at every step
For further information, visit the NIHR website www.nihr.ac.uk