The Neural Control of Human Movement Research Group investigates the relationship between neurophysiological function and human movement. Research themes are organised around the global public health issues of long-term conditions, multimorbidity and frailty.
Our mission is to understand the neuro-muscular mechanisms of human movement control and behaviour.
Our aims are to:
- Understand the key principles of human movement control in health and disease;
- Improve clinical care by standardising methods for diagnosis and rehabilitation;
- Partner with clinical researchers to address the unmet needs of different patients’ groups;
- Develop new technological approaches for examining and enhancing human brain function and sensorimotor control;
- Perform world class fundamental and applied research to improve humans’ health-span.
Irene Di Giulio