The Political Economy of Peace and Conflict research group analyses a wide range of conflicts, conflict resolution and institutional design for positive peace.
Our current research areas include:
- Conflict resolution,
- Democratic peace
- Formal and informal institutional development
- State and non-state violence
- Peace dividend / consequences and cost of violence
- The intersection between political violence and crime
- Security policy objectives and implementation
- Institutions for Peace and Security / International Law
- Social unrest
- Social movements
Dr Gabriel Leon-Ablan is the co-ordinator for the Political Economy of Peace and Conflict research group.