Public Policy and Regulation is the home for theoretically and empirically grounded research which analyses policy and regulatory responses to important political, social and economic issues, and (individual-level) responses to these policies.
Our current research areas include:
- Comparative, European, and International Public Policy
- Economic, Financial and Labour Market Regulation
- Competition and Media Policy
- Energy and Environmental Policy
- Taxes and Redistribution
- Social Policy
- Bureaucracy and Public Choice
- Philosophy and Public Policy
- Migration and Public Policy
- Democratic Institutions and Procedures
- Policy evaluation in developed and developing economies, including RCTs
- Behavioural public policy
- Environment and Public Policy
- Deliberative Democracy and Democratic Innovations
- Social Equity and Social Welfare
- Regulatory Policies
- Covid-19 related research
- Political Economy of Public Policy
The fourth King's Policy and Regulation Workshop is taking place on 1 June, 2023. Find out more here.
Dr Francesca Pia Vantaggiato is the co-ordinator of the Public Policy and Regulation Research Group.