The Quantitative Political Economy research group gathers economists and political scientists that are committed to bridging the two disciplines. The common ground is the study politics and policies with advanced quantitative methods and formal modeling.
Follow us on Twitter
The QPE research group organises a brownbag seminar on Wednesdays from 12.00 to 13.00 (currently on Zoom due to social distancing).
The schedule of the brownbag seminar for the 2020/2021 academic year is below. There are still few slots available in May and June. if you’re interested in presenting your work please contact Andrew Hunter.
- 23 Sep: Stuart Turnball Dugarte (Southampton, Politics and IR)
- 30 Sep: Seyhun Sakalli (KCL, Business School)
- 14 Oct: Katerina Tertytchnaya (UCL, Political Science)
- 28 Oct: Kai Jager (KCL, QPE)
- 18 Nov: Sanchary Roy (KCL, International Development)
- 2 Dec: Tehminah Malik (KCL, QPE, PhD Student)
- 16 Dec: Dan Devine (Southampton, Politics and IR)
- 13 Jan: Rosie Campbell (KCL, QPE)
- 20 Jan: Claudia Cerrone (Middlesex, Economics)
- 3 Feb: Susannah Hume (KCL, Policy Institute, PhD student)
- 17 Feb: Niall Hughes (KCL, Business School)
- 10 Mar: Javier Sajuria (QMUL, Political Science)
- 24 Mar: Joshua Townsley (Notthingham, Politics and IR)
Schedule for May and June to be announced.
We have published in the best political science and economic journals. Since 2015, we have published in:
- American Political Science Review: 
- American Journal of Political Science: , , 
- Economic Journal: , , , , , , 
- British Journal of Political Science: , , , , 
- Journal of Politics: 
- Journal of Public Economics: 
- Journal of Development Economics: , , 
- Political Analysis: , , 
- Comparative Political Studies: , 
- World Politics: 
- European Economic Review: , , , 
- European Journal of Political Research: , , , , , , , , , , , , 
We have also published monographs with Cambridge University Press, Oxford University Press, and Princeton University Press.
QPE Working Paper Series
Since 2020, we have published working papers from QPE members and affiliates. The list is available here.