A wide range of subjects - see Colfuturo website for details.
COLFUTURO is a joint public and private sector initiative aimed at facilitating the access of Colombian professionals to further education abroad.
The COLFUTURO Scholarship Credit Program is an initiative of economic support for Colombian professionals, with academic excellence, who have the desire to expand their professional career with master's or doctorate studies in the best universities abroad. Created as a non-profit organization on November 21, 1991, its mission is to contribute to the entrance of Colombia into a world undergoing globalization offering information about international education and supporting students to have a successful study experience overseas.
The program was designed to finance a significant number of Colombian graduate students abroad thanks to an initial endowment of US$13 million. Its main objective is to provide Colombian students with more and better study opportunities and enable them to contribute with their experiences of studying abroad to the economic and social development of Colombia.
Beneficiaries can obtain up to an 80% scholarship on their loan, depending on the fulfillment of the established requirements.
- You can request up to USD 50,000 to be distributed between 9 and 24 months.
- It is a loan in US dollars.
Further information is available at: https://www.colfuturo.org/programas/credito-beca/informacion-general
- Be Colombian.
- Have been admitted unconditionally into a high quality postgraduate program (in any field of knowledge).
- Have an undergraduate degree.
- Present an international language proficiency examination.
- Have an excellent academic record
For further requirement details, please visit: https://www.colfuturo.org/programas/credito-beca/convocatoria
As part of an agreement between FUNDACIÓN PARA EL FUTURO DE COLOMBIA and King’s College London, King’s College London will contribute 20% towards the tuition fees for all eligible and successful scholars of this scholarship loan.
If scholars return to Colombia and stay in the country for 3 years, they can obtain a scholarship of up to 80% of the requested amount, meeting the following requirements:
- 20% if you graduate from MBA studies, Masters in Administration and Law.
- 40% if you graduate from the rest of the study areas.
- 20% if you are employed full-time as a public official, as a full-time teacher or researcher of an educational entity (10% in the first year, 5% in the second year and 5% in the third year).
- 20% if you work outside of Bogotá and its metropolitan area (10% in the first year, 5% in the second year and 5% in the third year).
Please refer to this link for full details: https://www.colfuturo.org/programas/credito-beca/informacion-general.
Colombian who are students interested in this loan scholarship program must complete the established COLFUTURO application and selection process.
For the 2023 calendar, the following dates apply:
- Applications Open: January 10, 2023
- Applications Close: February 28, 2023 at 11:59 pm (Colombia time).
- Delivery of results: May 11, 2023
For full details and to apply, please visit the COLFUTURO website at: https://www.colfuturo.org/.
Additionally, candidates must also apply for admissions for a full-time postgraduate degree (Master's or Doctorate) at King's College London by following the normal application procedures and meeting all the standard admissions requirements (including official language tests) established by King's.
For further information please contact COLFUTURO or The Centre for Doctoral Studies at King's College London at email@example.com.
Lorenzo Pizarro, Master of Laws (LLM)
"I studied in a British School in Bogotá, so knew about King's College London since I was a young kid. I decided to study here due to the international reputation of King's, and the LLM course.
I chose the course as it included a pathway for International Dispute Resolution, which is of my main interest. When I complete my course I plan to go back to Colombia and continue working with my law firm in international dispute resolutions.
I was aware of the funding as Colfuturo Scholars is quite well known in Colombia. Many of my friends have been selected as Colfuturo Scholars before.
The advice I would give a prospective student looking to apply for the same type of funding would be to be really organised with the essay and all the different requirements. Read the instructions carefully, specially the points awarded for each section of the application."