Show/hide main menu

Regulation & Policy

Transfers, Interruptions and Withdrawals

For full information about withdrawals, interruptions and transfers, please refer to:



Transfers to different pathways/subjects are only accepted until Monday 12 October 2020. If you wish to discuss a transfer, please contact your Personal Tutor. 

Please note that we cannot guarantee to approve all transfer requests, as this is dependent on valid academic grounds, class capacity, and timetabling constraints. 

All transfer requests will be approved or rejected in writing.

Please note that transfers are not possible for a Pre-Sessional student after enrolment.




Students may withdraw from their course at any time until the end of teaching, but they can only do so by following the correct College procedure.  Please follow this link to find more information on how to formally withdraw from the College.

Withdrawals via email are not accepted.

If you are considering withdrawing and want further advice, please contact either, your Personal Tutor or your programme Coordinator.

Please note that non-attendance/absence from class does not constitute a withdrawal, and that repeated absences will be reported to the Visa Compliance team. 

Students who miss exams or do not submit coursework without formally withdrawing from the College will be marked as a fail for that assessment.  

Interruption of Studies

Occasionally situations arise that are outside your control and may adversely impact your ability to engage with your studies, i.e. ill health, financial difficulties and other personal reasons. On these occasions it is often necessary for you to make a change to your registration status.

If you are experiencing difficulties you should talk to your Personal Tutor before completing the necessary paperwork and submitting a request.  It is also advisable to talk to the Student Advice Team at King's Student Services if you are considering an interruption of study, transfer or a withdrawal from a programme.

Students studying at King's under a Tier 4 Visa must contact the Student Advice & International Support Office for advice and to ask them to confirm that you are eligible to make the change under the terms of your visa.

If you wish to proceed, you will need to complete the online “Student Change of Circumstances” form.  Further details can be found on the Assessments & Records Centre webpage here. 

Requests to interrupt studies on one year-long King’s Foundations programme must be submitted by TBC. Requests received at a later date will not be considered.

Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2020 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454