Learn more about the training opportunities at King's.
The Health Sciences Doctoral Training Centre (HSDTC) provides training, development and careers support for the more than 2,000 doctoral research students in the four health faculties at King’s College London, irrespective of funding stream. The HSDTC:
- is structured around seven interdisciplinary research themes
- delivers a comprehensive training programme for doctoral research students
- encourages collaboration and cohort building across the health faculties via bursaries and other small funding awards, annual Public Engagement Competitions, the HSDTC PGR Buddy Scheme, and the HSDTC Annual Research Symposium.
The HSDTC also partners with other training providers across King’s College London and King’s Health Partners:
- Centre for Doctoral Studies
- LISS Doctoral Training Partnership
- MRC Doctoral Training Partnership
- Centre for Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine
- Department of Biostatistics & Health Informatics
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ Biomedical Research Centre
- Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre
Download our 2023-24 Brochure (PDF, 1534 KB) to see at a glance everything that the HSDTC offers.
“Many thanks to the HSDTC for providing me with an excellent range of training courses - they have made a difficult task easier and have allowed me to learn essential skills for completing my PhD!”
Staying in touch
All doctoral research students in the health faculties at King’s are automatically registered with the HSDTC, and receive a monthly newsletter highlighting upcoming courses, events, and other opportunities; please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’re not receiving your newsletter or if you would like to be added to our mailing list.