Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Film Studies (Film & Philosophy pathways available) MA
This course has been designed for students who want to deepen their knowledge of world cinemas and media. It offers an extensive range of options covering all aspects of film and media including theory, history, style, representation, spectatorship, philosophy, and critical media practice (filmmaking). One of the world's leading programs for film studies, we are in the centre of London. Our perfect location close to BFI Southbank (including the BFI Library), Tate Modern, and the Institute of Contemporary Arts means you will be studying in the heart of London with access to fantastic resources. The course is ideal for careers in the media, arts and related culture industries, or preparation for further study.
- Internationally renowned staff with specialist teaching and research expertise
- Focus on cutting-edge ideas and developments in film studies and audio-visual media culture.
- A curriculum which is international in geographical scope (covering cinema and media from European, North America, Asia, and the global south) and diverse in the range of modes of media studied (spanning popular and independent cinemas, avant-garde film and documentary, and TV and video).
- An unbeatable location in the heart of London, one of the world’s most stimulating and dynamic cities
- Film & Philosophy pathway available
- Learn about media practice and filmmaking from a critical perspective
“I’ve had the pleasure of being taught by some of the leading thinkers and researchers in film studies today ”
Application closing date guidance
Discover your accommodation options and explore our residences.
Chat to current students and staff to find out about life at King's.
Want to know more about studying at King's? We're here to help.
King's is right in the heart of the capital.