Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Modern Literature & Culture MA
During this Modern Literature and Culture master’s, you’ll encounter a broad range of nineteenth and twentieth-century literature and culture from Britain, North America and the English-speaking world. You’ll get to study an eclectic array of texts and topics and to think across the period boundaries that restrict other courses. From the Victorian novel and Modernist poetics to early science fiction and postcolonial life writing, it’s possible to study almost any aspect of modern literature during this MA. You’ll be taught by one of the oldest English departments in the country and be perfectly located to explore the city’s rich literary history first-hand thanks to our unrivalled location in central London.
- Pursue your interest in modern literature and culture without being restricted by strict period boundaries.
- Broaden your knowledge with an inclusive literary approach, attending to magazines, periodicals, zines and manifestoes, as well as novels, poetry and drama.
- Tailor your studies with a variety of optional modules, and specialise in the areas of your choice.
- Learn in a dynamic, research-led environment that values independent thought.
- Enjoy the benefits of being located in central London and get easy access to the British Library and the capital’s other major libraries and archives.
“A year after graduating with a Modern Literature and Culture MA from King’s, I began working as a Junior Reporter for a renewable energy publication. Being able to write clearly and concisely in the way I was taught during my MA has helped me every day when writing articles.”
Application closing date guidance
Discover your accommodation options and explore our residences.
Chat to current students and staff to find out about life at King's.
Want to know more about studying at King's? We're here to help.
King's is right in the heart of the capital.