Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
The Physics MSc will give you experience in conducting complex research tasks in the rapidly developing and exciting fields of particle physics and cosmology, experimental biophysics and nanotechnology, and the theory and simulation of condensed matter. It will also provide you with the background knowledge and skills required to become an active scientist.
- Located in the heart of London, giving unparalleled access to research facilities.
- You will be studying innovative modules covering modern theories of physics.
- Research-led course taught by staff who are recognised leaders in their field.
- Students whose interests lie in experimental physics have the opportunity to study the state-of-the-art experimental nanoplasmonics, bio-imaging, near-field optics and nanophotonics, with access to the laboratories of the London Centre for Nanotechnology (LCN); and the opportunity to take our flagship module in Photonics and Metamaterials.
- For students whose interests lie in theoretical physics, the opportunity to take our flagship modules in Standard Model Physics & Beyond and Advanced Condensed Matter.
- Excellent tutorial support, extensive course-specific interactive teaching and extensive project work.
“My department’s community is a very altruistic and supportive environment, with some of the greatest people I have ever had the privilege of encountering. Professors, lecturers, PhD students and other staff have almost always been very happy to help”
Application closing date guidance
Discover more about studying the Physics MSc
Discover your accommodation options and explore our residences.
Chat to current students and staff to find out about life at King's.
Want to know more about studying at King's? We're here to help.
King's is right in the heart of the capital.