Our course gives students the opportunity to study media industries in the heart of London – one the world’s media capitals. It’s been specially designed for those aspiring to work within the media industries, providing students with the practical experience, digital and transferable skills they need for their careers.
With its mix of theoretical, and sector-based knowledge and skills development, our course will provide you with a critical grounding, conceptual understanding, practical experience, applied knowledge, real-world insights, and the opportunity to not only understand but to reimagine the future of the global media industries.
• Study at the UK’s market-leading university for degrees in this field, located at the heart of London’s media industries.
• Gain knowledge of the media industries across national and international contexts, with a unique focus on London.
• Choose from a range of specialist modules (eg. Children, Media Industries & Culture, Fashion, Culture & Society, Cultural & Creative Industries in China).
• Take advantage of our strong links with both London and International media organisations providing up-to-date knowledge of current debates and trends.
• Take part in lectures, workshops and live briefs from leading media industry professionals.
• Prepare yourself for a career in the cultural, creative and media industries.
Application status Open
Duration One year full-time, Two years part-time, September to September
Study mode Full-time, Part-time
Credit value UK 180/ ECTS 90
Course leaders Dr Sarah Atkinson
Graduates from our Department use the skills and knowledge that they develop with us to pursue careers in arts management, curating, the film industry, museums, teaching, journalism, and a range of other cultural and creative roles within the global media industries. Others have continued their studies with further research.