Courses are divided into modules. You will normally take modules totalling 180 credits.
You are required to take:
· Text, Culture, Theory: London & Urban Modernity (30 credits)
· Dissertation (90 credits)
In addition, you are required to take 60 credits from a range of optional modules, which may typically include:
· Modernist Soundscapes (20 credits)
· London: Great Fire to Great Exhibition (20 credits)
· Pagans & Christians in Nineteenth-Century Britain (20 credits)
· Victorian Sensation (20 credits)
· Contemporary South Asian Women Writing (20 credits)
· Modernist Mindscapes (20 credits)
· Man, Woman & Machine: Victorian Fictions (20 credits)
· Queer American Poetry (20 credits)
· Writing the Modern American Self (20 credits)
· Unnatural Worlds: Literature and Ecology (20 credits)
· Conflict, Memory and Resistance in African Literature (20 credits)
· Women and the Poetics of Liberty in the Romantic Period (20 credits)
· On Speed: Accelerating Culture since the 19th Century (20 credits)
· Realism and its Others in the Long 20th Century (20 credits)
· The 19th-Century Archive Workshop (20 credits)
If you are a part-time student, you will take Text, Culture, Theory in your first year, along with 20 credits of optional modules. In your second year you will take your dissertation and 40 credits of optional modules.
King’s College London reviews the modules offered on a regular basis to provide up-to-date, innovative and relevant programmes of study. Therefore, modules offered may change. We suggest you keep an eye on the course finder on our website for updates.