Courses are divided into modules. You will normally take modules totalling 180 credits.
Part-time students should plan to take 60 credits of required taught modules in their first year, and 60 credits from the dissertation module, 45 credits of optional modules and 15 credits of required modules in their second year.
You are required to take:
• Organisation & Management of the Public Services (15 credits)
• Economics of Public Management (15 credits)
• Research Methods in Public Policy & Management (15 credits)
• The Public Policy-Making Process (15 credits)
• Dissertation (60 credits)
• Short refresher courses in Mathematics & Economics (0 credits) – taken during Reading and
In addition, students take 60 credits from a range of optional modules which varies from year to year. The available options may include:
• Leadership in the Public Services (15 credits)
• Regulation and Accountability in the Public Services (15 credits)
• Social Entrepreneurship (15 credits)
• Key Issues in Health Policy (15 credits)
• Strategic Management (15 credits)
• Internship Analytic Report (15 credits)
• People Management in the Public Services (15 credits)
King’s College London reviews the modules offered on a regular basis to provide up-to-date, innovative and relevant programmes of study. Therefore, modules offered may change.