Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Culture, Media & Creative Industries BA
UCAS code: P300
This Culture, Media and Creative Industries BA will help you become an expert on how the cultural and creative industries operate, how media shapes our lives and how we, in turn, influence the media and creative sectors. You’ll get plenty of opportunities to shape your own specialism by choosing from a wide range of interdisciplinary modules. Whether you’re interested in fashion, visual arts, music, performance, moving images, writing, or more, a variety of modules will allow you to study your passions in depth. Our concentration on professional development will empower you to develop the creative and critical thinking skills that will be essential for your future career, no matter what the creative roles of the future look like.
- Join a department that’s ranked Top 5 in the UK for Media & Communication Studies (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023).
- Shape your own specialism with a flexible degree that allows you to focus on specific areas of cultural studies, media studies or the creative industries—or combine all three.
- Develop the transferable skills you’ll need to work in the cultural, creative, media and digital sectors, thanks to a real focus on professional development.
- Enjoy links with numerous partner organisations in the capital's arts, cultural and media industries.
- Enhance your education by studying abroad for a semester in your second year.
“CMCI is so unique in its offering of cultural studies, media studies, and creative industries all in one! In breadth and depth, we could go from analysing queer representation in films, to exploring the business models of large media conglomerates, to discussing arts management. The degree has critically changed the way I understand the creative industries, with so many theoretical lenses to choose from. ”
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.