Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
English Language & Linguistics BA
UCAS code: Q100
On our Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in English Language & Linguistics, you will focus on the relationships between language, society and culture. You will develop a thorough understanding of the role language plays in different social contexts, such as in traditional media and on social media, in teaching and education settings, in professional institutions, and in creative language use such as novels and films. You will also explore the links between language and the mind, and study the sounds, words and structures of English. You will have many opportunities to undertake projects which involve collecting and analysing linguistic data.
- Taught by academics who have an international reputation for world-leading research in language, linguistics and communication.
- Small class sizes, supportive learning environments and approachable teaching staff.
- Central location gives easy access to major libraries and educational institutions in the London area.
- Development of skills that are valuable for a wide range of professions, such as publishing, advertising, journalism, public relations, speech and language therapy, teaching and research.
- We rank 5th in the UK for Education (Times Higher Education University World Rankings 2023 per subject).
“Studying at King’s has truly been an incredible experience. I have met life-long friends, created so many amazing memories, and have been given the opportunity to be apart of so many special things. Studying at King’s will give you an all-round experience, and I have found the work-life balance to be exactly what I wanted. ”
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.