Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
English Law & German Law LLB and LLM or First State Exam (erste juristische Staatsprüfung)
UCAS code: M122
The LLB / LLM or First State Exam (erste juristische Staatsprüfung) dual degree programme provides a challenging bi-juridical and bilingual education that is respected and valued by a wide range of employers. The programme leads to two separate degrees that form the first major step towards preparing for legal practice in Germany, or England & Wales, or both jurisdictions.
- Recognised globally as one of the UK’s premier law schools.
- Teaching by internationally-renowned academics and visiting lecturers, and practitioners from global law firms.
- Study for two years in London at King's and for two years at Humboldt University of Berlin.
- Excellent legal research resources at King’s College London’s impressive Maughan Library.
- A thriving Professional Skills portfolio including professional skills modules, a legal clinic, and mooting programmes.
- A dedicated careers team who provide tailored guidance on how to access the legal profession.
- Active student-run societies organising social and career-oriented functions.
“The English Law and German Law LLB is a truly unique programme. ”
A team representing King’s College London and the United Kingdom reached the knock-out rounds of the Philip C. Jessup...
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.