Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
European Studies (Spanish pathway) with a year abroad BA
UCAS code: RR84
With this European Studies (Spanish Pathway) BA, you’ll learn about the politics and history of Spain while developing the language skills to really understand the nuance of this subject. You’ll spend a year studying abroad, where you’ll be taught and assessed in Spanish, and graduate as a Spanish speaker and an expert in European Studies. If you choose the Spanish pathway, you could study at the Autonomous University of Madrid, a public research university located in northern Madrid, Spain.
- Become a Spanish speaker even if you haven’t got any language experience, thanks to the ab-initio pathway.
- Choose your curriculum and specialise in particular fields, such as Spanish politics, government and national identity.
- Spend a year studying in Spain to develop your understanding of the country further.
- Learn from a research-active, multi-national team of academics in a Department ranked 6th in the UK for Politics (The Guardian University Guide 2023).
- Enjoy extracurricular activities such as guest lectures or the student-organised annual ‘European Week’, where you’ll debate contemporary political issues.
- Benefit from the department’s unrivalled range of contacts with cultural institutes, libraries, international firms and government agencies.
- Develop analytical and presentational skills valued by employers, opening up career opportunities in politics, diplomacy, administration, business and journalism.
“I knew I wanted to study in central London, because of the cultural, political and international hub the city is. King’s is one of London’s best universities. I remember visiting various universities in my final year of high school, and King’s left me with the best impression by far – a combination of it’s history, amenities, prestige, academic options and vibe all appealed to me. King’s was also one of very few universities of such a high level to offer European studies, a course that appealed to my interests and my identity. ”
The possibility of a fully-functioning EU army “remains distant” as member states grapple with conflicting priorities, according...
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.